Continuing Care at the Best Life Plan Community in Chicago
Amongst continuing care retirement communities in Illinois, we are an undisputed leader – dedicated to ensuring that wherever you are with your health care needs, we’re right there with you. In addition to providing outstanding primary and specialized care, Sedgebrook’s health care system is uniquely well equipped to meet both your current and potential future needs for extended or continuing care.
When you need care at home, we deliver.
During a period of illness or recovery, our in-house Wellness Team stands ready to offer a higher level of qualified care and support right in your apartment home. That’s why Sedgebrook can be considered a Life Plan Community, formerly known as a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC).
Sedgebrook offers many continuing care services, including:
- Medication management
- Short-term extended care
- Home nursing
- Personal assistance with domestic tasks
- Insurance navigation (helping to manage Medicare or other insurance-related paperwork)
Quite simply, the best Life Plan Community in the Chicago area.
Should you ever require continuing care beyond what the Wellness Team provides, our state of the art Health Center Radford Green at Sedgebrook makes the transition to more comprehensive care simple and easy to coordinate. Not to mention, less disruptive for you as a patient.
When you need continuing care, it’s like living near caring family.
Radford Green occupies its own building on the southeastern side of campus overlooking Plume Lake. Only the most highly trained medical professionals, all with long years of experience in geriatric services, hold patient care positions here. Through a series of monthly forums hosted by our chief on-staff physician, Dr. Kroger, you’ll become familiar with the full spectrum of health care services available to our residents, as well as the health issues most relevant to seniors. That way, if you do need to take advantage of Radford Green, you’ll already feel comfortable and at home. In brief, Radford Green offers:
- Short Term Rehabilitation – physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Assisted Living/Assisted Care – for those in good health who require extra assistance to perform the daily activities of self care, medication, transportation, etc.
- Long-Term Skilled Nursing – for those who need complete assistance with all activities of daily living
- Respite Care – a temporary solution for those whose primary caregiver is temporarily unavailable
- Memory Care – specialized care for residents with memory loss disorders, including Alzheimer’s and dementia, who need a more supportive and comforting environment.
If you should require the services of Radford Green, an on-staff Health Care Counselor will be assigned to manage all of your wellness needs, from monitoring health and medication, to initiating preventive and proactive activities, not to mention navigating the complexities of insurance papers, prescriptions and scheduling medical appointments.
Care for you and your family, as long as you need it.
Sedgebrook is widely recognized to be a luxury CCRC in the greater Chicago area and we aim to go above and beyond to take care of your needs. When you move to Sedgebrook, our community becomes your home. Both you and your family can take great comfort from knowing that your health, wellbeing and state of mind are our primary concern at every stage of your life. Our dedicated and compassionate staff provides care and the reassurance that comes from being part of a true community. A community that cares for your health, for as long as you choose to live here.